Sunday, September 6, 2009

Is our summer over? It rained as hard as ever this morning, buckets of water coming in sideways and leaves were falling. I finally made it out at noon for a bike ride. It was generally peaceful with just a little drizzle and not much traffic, but it is disturbing to see foliage not up in the trees but on the road. August was just a few days ago! Why do some people rather drive their car as close as possible to a guy on a bicycle than get close to the median? It baffles me that they rather risk hitting a person than touch the yellow line, unless they just don’t like cyclists - like the guy in the Ford 150 whose side mirror almost grazed me just as he blew his horn. Must have had a tough Sunday morning at church.
I did remember to bring my Zune and listened to some older stuff:
Luther Vandross – “Here and Now” - maybe my all time favorite vocalist and so sad he is not alive to share his music with us.
Hootie & the Blowfish – “Time” (why you punish me) I know Darius Rucker is now a Country/Western star but what are the rest of the boys doing in South Carolina?
Rick Astley – “Don’t say good-bye, girl” - remember him from like 1986 – whatever happened to him?
Not much left to do today but to hang on the couch and watch movies with Michael. He will hopefully feel better tomorrow – the first 48 hours after surgery are usually the toughest. The first movie is “Fighting’?

No comments:

Post a Comment